Monday, December 22, 2008

This Is Now!

There have been people that already posted about camp and there are others who haven't. I've been pretty lazy lately so I guess I won't type so much. I won't be posting a typical camp post because this camp was everything but typical.

God already started working even before camp began, looking at the simple things like camp registration. I was helping out so I knew the numbers that were coming in every week and it wasn't much. On the con "last week" for registration, there were 100 youths who signed up and it tallied to about 160. A lot of us were doubting we could reach our target goal of 250 campers but you know what? On the very last week, Jan was the 250th youth to sign up and that itself was a miracle, even before camp began. Later on, everyone found out there was a total of 260 campers. Really praise God for that.

Moving on to camp..this was the first time I actually prayed for camp and I already told God what I wanted Him to do in camp. I went to camp expecting and God didn't fail me. In a way, this is my camp testimony, not straying away from my blog purpose. I told God that I wanted to see from a new perspective. I've attended 3 youth camps as a camper, it's fun and all but I wanted something different, different from the normal youth service that I see every Saturday and different from the usual youth camp sessions. This youth camp I got the opportunity to facilitate the game and be bus leader...again. Being bus leader wasn't so bad. I had the master bus list and I knew the roomings before everyone else. Muahahaha...

That aside, we played the game of Life in camp. It's the real version of the board game. I'm not allowed to discuss the game but it does exist in a real life version with a powerful truth behind it. Turned out everything planned for the game was all finished by some teams on the 1st day of games. So the whole lot of us got together to plan for the next day. For the first time in my life, I saw what our youth was made off, our foundation. After most of the people left, a number of us stayed back to pray. Mind you it was already past midnight and camps were not all free and relax. This was what I prayed for and God really answered it. We prayed liked never before until 2.30 in the morning. No words can express the experience. I think only God and Holy Spirit can fit.

The rest were in the hands of God and it turned out well. I was the camp speaker's host too and I don't think I did very well. Haha. Pastor Jeremy got his message through and it's also a privilege to be an altar worker, another new perspective. Camp definitely brought new friends and we got to play football on the beach. A lot of younger ones came for camp and literally can see the new generation taking over. Well, there is much to say about camp but I just don't know what. Now, let's see if I can "borrow" some pictures from other people...

No comments: