Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Final Part of Parts

I can't believe what happened in 1 whole day (24 hours) could take up 3 posts. My day must have been real long.... Anyways, last Saturday was the end of RR KL#1's annual camp and at the same time graduation night in college as well. Talk about busy rushy weekends. I volunteered to help out ushering cause it's the easiest and no work involved. The ushers were told to be in college by 6pm and the guests will start coming in by 7pm. Well...reached there exactly at 6, crappy weather...rained again so my mom drove me to college. She doesn't trust me with her car....and guess what? The college was...empty!

Not entirely empty..there were the musicians going through last practices. So I waited and waited. Keen Wai came along. It took quite a while for us to eventually went looking all over the college and finally found Mrs. Sharma at the entrance. Got the booklets, both of us looked smart and the ushering...or rather just greeting and putting a booklet into the hands of the guests began.

It went on until the booklets ran out and we got sick of it. I personally went into the hall and gone through with all the speeches. Then came the awards presentation....blah blah blah. Was standing all the way, imagine the pain. Not so much the pain but the boredom that squeezed the life outta me. Then came the entertainment. Everyone expected it to be entertaining but what can I say. Datin's way off. The 'rasa sayang' with electric guitar was pretty cool but didn't hear much of it. After that was the big sketch the whole college was fusing about. Extra practices after college everyday has gone into this. Scripts after scripts written by students just got juiced out and bottled up into Datin's personal homemade fruit juice. Hahaha. Just love those paraphrases.

First sketch was done by the students taking English as their second language. Storyline was quite nice but the voice recordings just didn't go well with the lip sync. And Eunice says the biscuits were tasty. Moving on...the overpopulation sketch...Datin's personal homemade fruit juice. The story speaks of a joint expeditionary probe to Mars where an alien convention was held. The usual planets were in it...Andromeda, I knew that was the closest galaxy but then came along Cartwheel. I thought it was some sort of prank but turns out there really was such a galaxy. Debate..debate..debate..Malaysian Astronaut?..Debate...debate...End. What a waste of time.

At least that's an extra line in my testimonial and the food was awesome! Superb catering service! Got sotong and ais kacang and tong sui. What can beat that? Ended the night trying to find Krystal who has her brother's car keys which is the only way for me to get home. Figure out the rest. God Bless!

No comments: