Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thankfulness

Luke 16:10-12

10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?"

This passage of scripture has been really true in my life for the past weekend. I want to thank God for promotions. I want to thank God for friends. God has just been so good to me all this time in college. During service, I've just been reminded that it's not what I do or who I am that has brought me to where I am today. He who gave the promotion can easily take it away. Pride can so easily seep into our lives and soon we forget who was the One that actually brought about the real promotion. The bible so clearly says that "pride comes before the fall". So keep me humble, oh Lord...

No comments: