Friday, October 24, 2008

Of Joy and Torment...

Tis' be the exam season. And I haven't got into the mood yet. Although I've started studying already, there's still no motivation to go all out. It's not like climbing Mt. Kinabalu where you can see the top, journey and destination in hand. Sigh...

This week has been like never before. Calvary Church 40th Anniversary Dinner was on Wednesday night, run through was on Tuesday. It's like never before in the sense that I've never slept so much in my life! Miss Angeline, our beloved bio teacher went for surgery and thank God it was successful, no sarcasm involved. So there was no bio for the whole week, meaning class only started at 11.30am everyday. Muahahaha. This usually means late night sleeps resulting in late morning wake ups, yes? Well, I always thought like that, too bad my mind works against my thinking. Almost everyday I slept at six something and woke up in the morning in the range of 6-8am. Pretty cool, huh? It's not so cool when I woke up feeling the side effects of over-sleeping.

Wednesday marked the 40th year of the move of Calvary Church from it's humble beginnings in Jalan Sayor to where it is today, in Damansara Heights. A great grand dinner was organized just for this event. Me, being a part of the Youth Choir, had to perform for the night. Started off with Tuesday, when I had to skip IELTS just to get transport to Sunway Convention Center, which is just above Pyramid. So I reached there at 4.45 when my call time is 7.30. Nothing to do, study la. It was not long before Cmdr. Jim came along and we went to Wendy's for dinner. First time eating there and a thumbs up at the first bite. Then practice went on and I got home at midnight. Wednesday was better, AC was on and the place looked really grand. Food was decent and although performance wasn't all that perfected but praise God it was enough. This time I got home by 12.30am.

Now, back to studying...God Bless!

No comments: