Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Long Post Indeed...

Chatter..chatter..chatter. That was what woke me up on the 2nd day of Camp....

It was about 6.30am then....

The event of the day was stream trotting. Well...gone for quite a few stream trots with the Rangers and this one was similar. The waterfall as usual was spectacular. Although the walk was long, along long roads heading to Cameron Highlands on slippers, long hike into the jungle with rock gravel on slippers, long strides through the river thankfully on slippers and definitely a long way back on slippers again, I'd say that it was a good one. It was also a first seeing everyone helping each other, so unlike our independent and I-can-survive-on-my-own Rangers. Haha.

So there goes the second day and onwards we march through the sands of time.

The third day arrives with but an open of an eye. Today was our nation's 51st independence day. The night before slash the morning of this day or we'll just call it midnight, the lot of us sang the Negaraku. Then we were rushed to bed. Anyways, games were held that day. One of 'em was the obstacle course in which consisted a commando crawl. I did it back during JTC in Singapore and I liked it coz I was so good at it. Turns out I was allergic to grass and found out about it the hard way. This was bound to happen again but thanks to Dettol antiseptic cream even though expired for 3 years, the rashes were gone as soon as they started popping out. That night we had talentime and I portrayed the voice of God. I wasn't supposed to be funny but it came out funny. Still pondering about what really happened...

Slept at 3am, woke up at 7.30am. I don't know how I do that. Packed up. Had prize-giving. Later we cleaned up the groundsheet and hanged it to dry. Then the heaviest rain you could think off just erupted. That's all for camp. Got onto the bus and went back to KL. And it's funny how people were so afraid of leeches that they cower in fear. All those bitten by leeches, it ain't so bad, right?

Just wanna say a big thank you to all you campers for making this camp a special one especially Zu Ning and members of Karep Utd. Till next time, continue to scintillate for God. Find out for yourself what scintillate means. It's MY special word. God Bless!

And oh...crazycontradictions are extremely rare these days, this will just do eh?
Quote Leon Lor in Bio: "Once I swallowed a chewing gum, I prayed for 3 hours thinking I would die!" (When he was a kid, his parents told him that if he swallowed gum, he would die.)

2 comments:

Leon said...

U PUT IT UP, curse u :P

kAh yun said...

Ahahaha. It was worth putting up, don't you think?