Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a Day...

Finally the awaited moment has arrived...My post on MCKL's very first CF Camp! Woohoo! Can you feel the excitement?

Now, this was the first camp that I had a leadership role, or rather 3 leadership roles. I was approached to be the first-aider but wasn't ready to take it until no one else could take the place so no choice la. It was an experience for me to be the first-aider. Not easy as you'll find out later on. Thank you Hansel so much for your first-aid kit. Don't know what I'll do without it. Then there was the position of assistant group leader! I was excited about it but preparing for devotions planned out already was a tiring job...not like when I could prepare my own devotions back in AIM. Last but not least, I was chosen to be bus leader for bus 2. Seems like they just split the namelist in half and so happens that my name was right on top...but I seriously thank God for the opportunity to serve Him and open my eyes as well.

Moving on, camp was like nothing I've seen before, especially through the eyes of the first-aider. Lots of injuries, ranging from cuts to a broken leg. Thank God that none of them were fatal. Now with the problem of post-camp sickness some more....I can't thank God enough because He has been just been so faithful. Praying for all you campers who are down with post-camp sickness that you too will experience God's faithfulness. First day of camp itself, God has already shown me how powerful He is. On Friday, class starts at 8am and I was wondering to take the Putra LRT or the monorail. Wanted to take the Putra LRT to reach college early but...nah, sleep was way better. So got on to the monorail, saw the light was red, suspected something. Waited for 10 mins, train wasn't moving. Good thing Kiat Jin was in the same place, got off and went down to the Star LRT which was just next to the monorail station. Sylvia and Pax joined in on the way and off the college we went.

College...nothing much to post here. In Bio, we got to play with balls as everyone calls it. Drops of Sodium Alginate dipped in Calcium Chloride solution forms small little beads if you don't know. And finally, the time all of us were waiting for. Camp briefing took a little long to start. Helped a little with registration, waste time, waste time, waste time. Buses were supposed to come at 2pm but turns out we only started the briefing at 2pm. 1st bus comes at 2.30pm then when everybody was out, Joseph Lum, the "genius" grabbed Keen Wai's mortal's name, Keen Wai rugbytackles Joseph to get it back, resulting in a fracture. Haih...first case was the worst case senario already.

So...Keen Wai took him to the clinic, then to the hospital for an X-ray. Turns out my assumption was right. Joseph stayed in the hospital that night. Meanwhile, the 2nd bus was running late and I was bus leader some more....

Somehow I just like to keep people in suspense. Haha. Stay tuned for the full story.

P/s: The above content are first hand witness accounts and no editing of the accounts has been made.

No comments: